So although not all G-shock watches might be suitable as military watches, (i.e a bright blue one!!) these are my top 10 favourite G-Shock watches. If I have to start a collection these would be in it. Let me know what you think. What are your favourite watches?
Here is the complete breakdown of the list – with links for more detail.
This is G-Shock’s take on the aviation concept watches designed to defy high G forces.
A 1/100-second stopwatch is designed to keep accurate time even under the stresses of high G’s that occur during air racing.
The dual-layer face creates a dramatic three-dimensional effect for the three dials.
The large face is carefully laid out to provide the look and readability of an aircraft instrument panel.
Large metal side buttons are designed and engineered for ease of operation.
At the same time, buttons are enclosed by protectors that protect against damage and accidental operation.
Bands are fastened on both sides with stainless steel screws for plenty of durability.
approx. 52,50mm x 49,80mm x 15,50mm (H x W x D)
- Shock resistant and tough solar power
- Multi-band 6 atomic timekeeping
- World time (29 cities + UTC) and daily alarms
- Neo-brite luminous hands and markers
- Water-resistant to 660 feet (200 M)
- Solar Power
- Mineral glass
02 – G-Shock White 120A 7ER (option of black or white)
- Combination analog and digital dial displays resemble the disk brakes of a motorcycle, The connection point of the hands is configured to look like gears, Black resin band analog, Digital watch with black face
- Shock Resistant, 200M Water Resistant, Anti-Magnetic Structure, Countdown range: 24 hours, Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
- 1/1000th Second Stopwatch w/Speed Indicator, Auto LED Light with Afterglow, World Time , Other: Auto-repeat, Full auto-calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099), Battery: CR1220, Approx. battery life: 3 years, Module 5229
- 29 times zones (48 cities + UTC), daylight saving on/off, home city/world time swapping, 4 Daily Alarms and 1 Snooze Alarm, Hourly Time Signal, 1/1000 Second Stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 99:59’59.999″Measuring modes: Elapsed time, lap time, split time, Others: Speed (0-1998 units/hour), Selection distance input (0.0-99.9), Countdown Timer, Measuring unit: 1 second
03 – G-Shock Blue GA110hc
approx. 55,0mm x 51,2mm x 16,9mm (H x W x D)
- Auto-LED Lights
- Shock resistant
- Magnetic Resistant
- World Time function
- Stop watch/Timer function
- 5 Daily Alarms
- Mineral glass
- Water resistance (20bar)
04 – G-Shock MTG 1500
A rugged, stylish multi-functional sports watch from Casio’s G-Shock range. The MTG-1500 features multi-band 6 solar atomic timekeeping, which checks the time via radio signals six times a day, and automatically adjusts the time to keep it as accurate as possible.
“Designed with skateboarders in mind, but suitable for anyone on the wrong side of clumsy, this shock-proof ticker is part of the posh G-Shock Premium MT-G collection.”
Dimensions: Case diameter 47 mm Case thickness 16 mm
- LED display
- Digital day, time and second screens
- 2 chronograph dials
- Shock resistant
- 200m water resistant
- Full EL backlight with afterglow
- 4 daily alarms and one snooze alarm
- Countdown timer
- Solar powered, with battery charge indicator and 9 month lifespan on full charge
- Red accents on black and silver background (on some models)
05 – G-Shock G-100 1BV
Check out my full video review of this here :
“Ever heard of the K.I.S.S theory? Sometimes simple is better. This G-Shock has all the hallmarks of a classic. With Shock resistance, 200M WR, Anti-Magnetic resistance and more it’s a perfectly balanced timepiece. Black resin band analog and digital watch with black face.”
- Shock Resistant
- 200M Water Resistant
- Magnetic Resistant*
- EL Backlight with Afterglow
- Dual Time
- Daily Alarm
- 1/100 Second Stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 23:59’59.99″
Measuring unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)
1 second (after 60 minutes)
07 – G-Shock GW 3500b
08 – G-Shock GW-3000m
09 – G-Shock Wave Ceptor
10 – G-Shock AW5901a